By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3's French debut.

Oh, Sony, Sony where art thou? Europe apparently doesn’t want Sony’s expensive PlayStation 3, with the French organizers describing the Paris launch of the PS3 a “non-event”. As expected, Sony fans here in Europe turned out to be not so “true-blue” to their favorite brand, some of them starting to bash Sony for its “infatuation” and for the high price established in the PAL areas for the PS3.
Source

Around the Network

When can I change my sig to "Predicting the Future - PS3 Will not Sell out In Europe!! - Confirmed" Is it too early? Should I give Sony an extra week?

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx said: When can I change my sig to "Predicting the Future - PS3 Will not Sell out In Europe!! - Confirmed" Is it too early? Should I give Sony an extra week?
Change it - same situation in germany and gamingdevil didn´t even post the best: up to 95% of all PS3 in europe were sitting on shelves on day after the launch...

Louie said: gebx said: When can I change my sig to "Predicting the Future - PS3 Will not Sell out In Europe!! - Confirmed" Is it too early? Should I give Sony an extra week? Change it - same situation in germany and gamingdevil didn´t even post the best: up to 95% of all PS3 in europe were sitting on shelves on day after the launch...
I'd rather wait and see until offical figures arise. Too much speculation ATM...
A spokesperson for Sony in France said that of the 100,000 units it expects to receive, about 60% have been pre-ordered.
So either Sony has given France too many consoles OR there is a ~60% Scalper rate!Source

Good to see this site is still going 

Louie said: gebx said: When can I change my sig to "Predicting the Future - PS3 Will not Sell out In Europe!! - Confirmed" Is it too early? Should I give Sony an extra week? Change it - same situation in germany and gamingdevil didn´t even post the best: up to 95% of all PS3 in europe were sitting on shelves on day after the launch...
That number 95% I actuly not belive PS3 might not have sold out in Sweden, but it did ok. 95% would be a disaster.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Around the Network

robjoh said: That number 95% I actuly not belive PS3 might not have sold out in Sweden, but it did ok. 95% would be a disaster.
I think it depends what is meant by "Up to 95% of all PS3 in europe were sitting on shelves on day after the launch" ... if it is intended to mean that some stores had 95% of their stock after launch day I would believe it. I don't know enough about most of Europe to make an argument about how the culture of gaming may be different, but (from an economic standpoint) there are a lot of places in Europe which simply couldn't afford to buy PS3 systems even if they wanted to ...

HappySqurriel said: robjoh said: That number 95% I actuly not belive PS3 might not have sold out in Sweden, but it did ok. 95% would be a disaster. I think it depends what is meant by "Up to 95% of all PS3 in europe were sitting on shelves on day after the launch" ... if it is intended to mean that some stores had 95% of their stock after launch day I would believe it. I don't know enough about most of Europe to make an argument about how the culture of gaming may be different, but (from an economic standpoint) there are a lot of places in Europe which simply couldn't afford to buy PS3 systems even if they wanted to ...
That´s what it meant.

Louie said: HappySqurriel said: robjoh said: That number 95% I actuly not belive PS3 might not have sold out in Sweden, but it did ok. 95% would be a disaster. I think it depends what is meant by "Up to 95% of all PS3 in europe were sitting on shelves on day after the launch" ... if it is intended to mean that some stores had 95% of their stock after launch day I would believe it. I don't know enough about most of Europe to make an argument about how the culture of gaming may be different, but (from an economic standpoint) there are a lot of places in Europe which simply couldn't afford to buy PS3 systems even if they wanted to ... That´s what it meant.
Okay I am stupid...

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Actual and utter humiliation for the paid and none paid fudmeisters.

gebx said: When can I change my sig to "Predicting the Future - PS3 Will not Sell out In Europe!! - Confirmed" Is it too early? Should I give Sony an extra week?
Because sony have done what the other 2 consoles havent and met demand, yes you are probably right ;) Also looking at another thread ps3 has sold 78,000 in france - higher than the wii and 360 :) (i expect a reply about those 2 consoles being sold out to make fanboys feel better)